Monday 21 January 2013

From my heart to yours.

It's Monday morning and it feels like the weekend just flew by! I'm so not ready to go back to work this morning! I'm lacking motivation.. I think it's the winter blues...

I combined another two challenges for my
card today -- a card sketch from Pal's Paper Arts and a colour challenge from Dynamic Duos.


I love this card sketch and was so excited to create a card with it! The dessert option for Dynamic Duos is a Valentine Theme. Perfect! I love making Valentine cards :) At first I wasn't sure about using black in my card. When I think of Valentine's, I think of red, pink, white... not black. So, I made the black a very subtle colour in my card... this is how it turned out:

For the background, I used the transparent designer paper from the Candlelight Specialty DSP. It has a felt embossed design on it and I think it's simply elegant! I embossed the Whisper White cardstock with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and it seems to match perfectly! I then wrapped Real Red grosgrain ribbon around the card front. The delicate doilies add to the elegance of this card. I added hearts in white and red.  Small rhinestones embellish the card. The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black and I sponged the edges of the white hearts and doily with Basic Black ink.
 

What do you think of using black as a valentine colour?

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: P.S. I Love You (ret.)
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Candlelight Specialty DSP (Holiday Mini 2012)
Ink: Basic Black
Tools: Delicate Doilies Sizzlits Die, Heart to Heart punch
Accessories: Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your Monday!


4 comments:

  1. I love the way you've mixed the embossing with the designer paper....they work perfectly together! Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Charissa! Love the embossed paper paired with the flocked DSP! Great Valentine's Day card! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this all done in red and white! Elegant Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - love the flocked acetate and those doilies! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete