Monday 14 January 2013

A Cheerful Friend

Hello!

It's the beginning of a new week! Can't say I accomplished a whole lot this past weekend, but it was nice to have a couple days to lounge around and do a bit of crafting. I also did some research on top sites to see along the west coast. My hubby and I are planning a 2-week road trip this coming June through Oregon, California, Arizona, Utah and Yellowstone National Park. SO excited! It's going to be a trip of a lifetime!

I decided to play along with the Paper Players colour challenge this week. These three colours coordinate so well together!

I had a look through my designer paper stacks and came across the "Ice Cream Parlour" DSP. I had bought this on clearance from Stampin Up not too long ago and just loved the bright and cheerful colours! I picked an older sketch from Mojo Monday and this is what I came up with:


The accessories coordinate so perfectly with the designer paper! I just love how vibrant and cheerful these colours are together against the Basic Gray card base. Using embossing folders is probably one of my most favourite 'techniques'. I love the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. It is my "go to" when I want to add a little something extra to a card.


The bottom of the card seemed a bit empty so I added three small rhinestones to complete the card :)

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Button Buddies, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Ice Cream Parlour DSP
Ink: Basic Gray
Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Circles Nestabilities
Accessories: Ribbon and buttons (Ice Cream Parlour), Rhinestones, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charissa - A lovely layout and great use of the buttons! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week. Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and cheery! I love the button flowers. The rhinestones are the perfect touch. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - the colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cheerful card! Love the little button flowers! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete