Monday 28 January 2013

Love You a Latte!

Good morning!

What a great weekend it was! Went by way too quickly (as usual). Feels like it may be a long Monday -- so tired!

Today I'm playing along with The Paper Players challenge. It's another great sketch challenge this week. Simple, yet very versatile! Here is the sketch:



I decided to create a fun Valentine card. I started with choosing the designer paper. More Amore DSP collection has such a great selection of beautiful designs. I then pulled out a retired stamp set that I've loved ever since I bought it - Pun Fun! Here's the card design I came up with:


The Very Vanilla cardstock is embossed with Elegant Lines embossing folder (one of my favourites!) I stamped the "Love you a latte!" image in Real Red and layered it on a large scallop circle, which is popped up using dimensionals. Small rhinestones embellish the stamped image. I added Primrose Petals stitched satin ribbon to complete the card.


Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Pun Fun (ret.)
Paper: Real Red, Very Vanilla, More Amore DSP
Ink: Real Red
Tools: Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Elegant Lines embossing folder
Accessories: Rhinestones, Primrose Petals stitched satin ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Charissa, what a perfect combination of stamp and patterned paper. Love the rhinestones and the bit of sponging, too. Thanks for sharing your creation with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty color combo and a cute little image! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card, Charissa! Love how the embossing folder gives the effect of swirling steam from the latte! Great idea...Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color scheme and the bling on the coffee cup! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete