Sunday 27 January 2013

Birthday Celebration!

It's been a great weekend of birthday celebrations! Saturday night, my hubby, Kevin, and I  dressed up and went out for a delicious dinner at Ric's Grill. Kevin had his favourite seafood meal - Alaskan King Crab legs and prawns, and I had a delicious Italian sausage pasta dish. We enjoyed white and red wine and completed our meal with ginger cake and vanilla ice cream. It was scrumptious!

I promised to share the birthday card I made for my hubby's 29th birthday... It's a side-step folded card with an outdoorsy theme - perfect for my hubby! He loves the outdoors!


 
I got this idea from a card I found online and decided to CASE it. To see the original design visit Creative Corner Studio. I added my own touch to this card. The tent on the back 'step' is cut free-hand. I added eyelets and bakers twine to the open door flaps. A sleeping bag sticker is added to the inside of the tent. On the 2nd 'step' i created a campfire and marchmallow stick using punches. On the front 'step' I created a bush with the Little Leaves embosslet die from Stampin up and added the sentiment 'happy birthday'. On the larger side panel I stamped trees to make it look like a forest, added a stamped bunny, and cut a sign post shape using my cricut.
 
If you would like to try out this card fold, click here for some great instructions. I found these instructions were very easy to follow.
 
Some other highlights from Kevin's birthday:
 
Turtle Brownie Ice Cream Cake -- yumm!
I made the pennant banner using the Pennant Punch and cut the letters out using my cricut.
 
I spoiled him this year! Got him a couple merino wool t-shirts, the 75th anniversary edition of "The Hobbit" and a portable JetBoil stove. He was thrilled!
 
Had quite a few phone calls/skype calls today. I think he had a great birthday!
 
 
Card Ingredients for the Side-Step Card:
 
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Forest Friends (ret.), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Whisper White, Certainly Celery DSP, Always Artichoke DSP, Crumb Cake DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Always Artichoke
Tools: Bird Builder punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Snowflake punch (ret.), Little Leaves embosslit, Campin' Critters Cricut cartridge
Accessories: Brads (Michaels), Eyelets, Bakers Twine, Sleeping Bag sticker
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment