Saturday 26 January 2013

Birthday Wishes and "Inspired By..." Challenge #2

Today is my Dad's birthday! I miss him so much and wish I could be at home celebrating with him! My Dad is a pretty special person in my life. He is probably the wisest man I know and such a kind, caring and encouraging person. I wish him the best birthday wishes today and many more to come!

 
 
Because I could not be home for his birthday, I sent him a handmade greeting card (of course!). My Dad LOVES to read, so I thought this card would be perfect:
 
 
I saw the idea of stacked books on Pinterest and decided to CASE it. (To see the original design visit Pink Paper Bakery). I added a cute owl to my card. I popped up one of the stacked books and made it look like the owl is sitting on it. I added glasses to the owl and a wing holding the sign "happy birthday". I stuck a gift certificate for Amazon inside the card. I think he's gonna love it!


Now it's time for...


It was my turn to choose the photo and I came across this cute Hobo bag on Etsy:

IB #2
 
I think this bag is adorable! It reminds me of spring time with the bright colours and tree images. This bag was handmade by "Petunias" (check out their shop on Etsy!)
 
In looking at this photo, I see circles, trees, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Basic Grey, and Old Olive. I knew exactly how I was going to design my card!
 
 
I love how it turned out! It's a clean and simple card, but I added some detail. I think I've mentioned it before, but I just love the Sycamore Street DSP from Sale-a-Bration. The colours and designs are so fun! I offset the Pool Party cardstock and distressed it with Stampin Up's new distressing tool. The white cardstock is embossed with the Vine Street embossing folder (Sale-a-Bration item). The tree is created with multiple circles. I cut the tree trunk free hand and added a rhinestone to embellish the tree.
 

To see Karly's creative take on this challenge, hop over to her blog, Karly's Creations!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Paper: Basic Grey, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Old Olive, Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP (Sale-a-Bration)
Ink: Island Indigo
Tools: 1-3/8" circle punch, 1-1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, Large Oval punch, Distress Tool
Accessories: Vine Street embossing folder, rhinestone
 
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Awe! Thanks for sharing your dad's b-day card & the photos... Happy birthday to him! I love your take on the photo... So Dr. Suess-y! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karly! Dr. Suess... I never thought of that when making it - you're totally right! lol

      Delete