Friday 18 January 2013

Introducing Karly & Charissa's Random Recipe!

It's Friday! It's been a busy week of {early} "spring cleaning" at work -- lots of dust, boxes and old files. I must say it looks much cleaner now! However, I am ready for the weekend. Not quite motivated to do house-cleaning though... those Christmas decorations still need to come down. Wasn't that on my to-do list last weekend?

My coworker, Karly, and I do a lot of brainstorming and chatting about crafty projects, challenges, and inspiring ideas. There are SO many card challenges out there on the web (and I'm already addicted to participating in as many challenges as I have time for). We decided to come up with our own!

INTRODUCING...

 
We came up with a long list of stamp sets, embellishments, tools, and techniques and each week we will randomly choose two ingredients (using random.org). These two ingredients will make up part of the card/project recipe and can be used any which way you like.
--> This was inspired by "Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge". Check out their blogs: Deesigns by Nina Dee and Notes from Naki.
 
This week the two ingredients are:
 
Tiny Tag Punch
Square Lattice Embossing Folder
 
I just love the tiny tag - it is so cute! And the square lattice pattern is so versatile! Here's my take on our very first challenge:

KCRR #1
 
I used an older sketch from RetroSketches and kept it fairly simple. Usually I tie the tiny tags on bakers twine or linen thread, but this time I wanted to do something a bit different. The tiny tags are held together by a silver brad on a flower (from the Boho Blossoms punch). I embossed a strip of Rich Razzleberry cardstock with the Square Lattice folder and added stitched ribbon as a finishing touch.
 
To see Karly's take on this challenge, visit her blog: Karly's Creations.
 
Feel free to participate! I'd love to see your creations! (Just leave a link to your blog in the comment section below)
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamp Sets: Tiny Tags, Candy Conversations (ret.)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Crumb Cake,  Whisper White, Floral District DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Tools: 1-1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, Tiny Tag punch, Heart to Heart punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry stitched ribbon, silver brad, rhinestones
 
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Well done Charissa, this is a beauty! I love the colour combination and you creative way of adding the jewelry tags... not to mention all the other creative elements here... great job on our first challenge and I cannot wait for the next ones to come! :D

    ReplyDelete