Thursday 17 January 2013

FMS69 Everything Eleanor

When I saw the new sketch challenge on the Freshly Made Sketches blog, I wasn't sure how I would go about designing my card.  I thought of what shapes I would use in place of the three circles, and if I would make the card as simple as the sketch or spice it up a bit.
I recently got a few new stamp sets, one being the elegant "Everything Eleanor". This one was on my wish list for a while and now after using it, I'm glad I got it. It is such a beautiful stamp set and I know I will make good use out of it! Here is my card:
 
I realize now, comparing the sketch to my card ,that I changed the direction of the diagonal line... oops! :) You will notice I am a bit of a perfectionist :) But, I actually like the way it turned out! The colours Soft Suede and Very Vanilla are such an elegant colour combo and Cajun Craze adds a little pop of colour. The flowers are cut precisely using paper snips and are popped up using dimensionals. I've added pearls and crochet ribbon to embellish the card.

 
I love that swirl so much, I decided to stamp it on the inside of the card. I think this would make a great card for newly weds. What do you think?
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Petite Pairs
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, 1" Circle Punch
Accessories: Crochet Trim Ribbon, Pearls
 
Thanks for looking!


5 comments:

  1. Yet again! Another stunning card! I think this blog is really bringing out the best in your card-making (lol). Keep on showing us your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karly! lol. I think this blog is a BIG motivator for me! Let's see how long I can keep it up :)

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful Charissa! I love your interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and your take on this sketch! I hope you don't mind if I CASE this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete