Thursday 10 January 2013

A New Year, A Fresh Start

A brand new year, a fresh start, exciting adventures, and inspirations waiting to be discovered!  I plan to use this blog to share my adventures in life and my passion for papercrafting.  Ever since I was a kid, I loved doing arts and crafts. Art was my favourite subject in school from kindergarten to grade 12. Sketching was one of my favourite medias - I loved to draw. I then moved on to scrapbooking - designing layouts and finding creative ways to display my pictures of family, special events, and great memories from university.  For as long as I can remember I loved making handmade cards. My mom still saves the ones I made for her when I was in grade school.  Just a few years ago (2009), when I was living in Lindsay, ON with my hubby, I came across the company 'Stampin Up'. At the time, I was mostly into scrapbooking, but soon discovered the world of stamping and cardmaking. I started attending Stampin Up classes/workshops by a demonstrator in Peterborough and absolutely loved it! Due to a great job opportunity for my husband, we then moved to Prince George, BC in January of 2011. I’ve found a talented demonstrator here in PG and still attend her classes/workshops to this day. Since then, my collection of stamping supplies, tools, and embellishments has grown tremendously and I have joined Stampin Up as a consultant/hobbiest. While I am not yet at the point of demonstrating my own classes (due to small living space and lack of time), I do hope to take what I’ve learned from past demonstrators and host my own classes someday.  In the meantime, I will keep on exploring my obsessive hobby of cardmaking/scrapbooking by designing, creating and sharing!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your blog! I think you will inspire many papercrafters with your beautiful designs :) all the best for a crafty 2013 and I will be checking your blog regularly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the word of blogging! You will be addicted to challenges very soon, if you weren't already. You have some beautiful cards!! I am from quebec, canada, i hear BC is a gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I LOVE blogging and card challenges! Not sure why I didn't start earlier :) You should definitely make a trip out to BC someday - totally worth it!

      Delete