Thursday 31 January 2013

ColourQ #174 & FMS#71 {Be My Valentine}

Can't believe it's already Thursday! Feels like this week has flown by! Last night was a bit of a blur, but overall a good night! After enjoying a delicious dinner of baked trout, lemon and herb quinoa and veggies, I went to my weekly Zumba fitness class. To be honest, I wasn't so eager to go this week. I just wanted a relaxing evening at home. But, I pushed myself to go and I'm glad I did! This second time around was so much easier than the first! I was able to follow the routine quite well this time and got a good work out! I went home to my crafting table and created a Valentine's card, playing along with the Colour Q and Freshly Made Sketches challenges.



The colour combo from Colour Q is perfect for Valentine's. I love how they threw in Early Espresso with the pinks - so pretty! And even though you can use any shape in the sketch, I wanted to stick with the heart. I knew exactly what I was going to use. The More Amore DSP comes with single-sided laser cut sheets in the shape of hearts. I just snipped one of the hearts from the sheet. I saw this idea on someone's blog (can't remember which one, unfortunately) and just loved it! Here's my interpretation on the sketch using the beautiful colour combo:



I didn't have any Raspberry Ripple cardstock (not sure why I don't have this - I'm realizing how much I love this colour!), so I looked through my stacks of DSP and found this beautiful polka dot designer paper in the Orchard Harvest collection. It fits perfectly with this card! I kept my card fairly simple at first, but I didn't like the empty space, so I embossed the card front with Elegant Lines, added small hearts in the top corner and pearls to embellish the card. I also added crochet ribbon and a small rose on the heart. The sentiment and small hearts are popped up using dimensionals.



 Card Ingredients:

Stamps: P.S. I Love You (ret.)
Paper: Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Heart to Heart punch, Elegant Lines embossing folder
Accessores: Crochet ribbon, Rose ribbon, large eyelet (ret.), pearls (Michael's)

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty in pink! Love the sweet little flower on the heart! So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card...very pretty. I also love your new blog...very well done! I've added you to my blog list of blogs I like...hope that's okay. Have a great day.

    My Card Blog: Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! That's no problem at all! :) I visited your blog as well and became a follower - you have some gorgeous cards! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this Valentine card Charissa! All the pinks on the espresso card base are lovely! The embossed background and the pearls were great touches! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card...I totally forgot about that polka-dotted paper from the Orchard Harvest papers.....it is a great match! Beautiful Valentine! Thanks for using the CQC colors this week in your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the embossing and all the beautiful details! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card, Charissa, sweet design and I love the embossing! thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. amazing - I love how you did this! Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete