Wednesday 30 January 2013

Birthday Wishes for my Mother

Today is another special day - my Mom's birthday! Here's wishing her a fantastic day! She is an amazing Mom, so sweet and caring. She has such a big heart. I miss her!
    





Because I couldn't be home to celebrate her special day, I sent her a little something to let her know I'm thinking of her.

My mom loves to sew and she is so good at it! I am so grateful for all the hems she's mended, all the holes she's patched and all the alterations she's made. Whatever sewing task it was she was able to do it!
Sooo... I found inspiration on pinterest and decided to CASE a sewing-related card!


Isn't it awesome?? It's the perfect card for my Mom :) I think she's going to love it!
To see the original idea that I found on pinterest, visit Stamped Creations By Heather.

The card itself is a spool of thread (in this case, I wrapped ribbon around it). I embossed the card base with a woodgrain design. The scissors are created using a template that I found on the blog mentioned above. The handles of the scissors are put together by a small silver brad and they actually 'cut' like real scissors! They are clipped on with a small 'library clip'. I then added buttons to a piece of cardstock and pinned them on with a small clothespin. Last, but not least, I added the sentiment "happy birthday" and flagged the edges to complete the card.


To add to this great card, I decorated a greeting card box and filled it with 10 greeting cards. She is often asking me to send her greeting cards to give away to family and friends, so I thought I'd get her started to have some on hand :)

 
The original box is from Close to my Heart. It's meant to be a photo box, but I think it works great for holding greeting cards!
I used a combination of Comfort Cafe DSP and Sycamore Street DSP to decorate the box. The rose is created with the ornament punch and Island Indigo cardstock. The letters are cut using my cricut machine. I added pearls on the front to embellish it.
 
I hope she is pleasantly surprised with this package of goodies in the mail! :)
 
Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment