Saturday 12 January 2013

FM92 Colours & Patterns

It's the weekend! This week felt like it would never come to an end. I always find it a challenge to come back to work after the holidays. This year we were in Alberta for Christmas holidays visiting family. It was a great time! So nice to have some time off! But so hard to return to work the following day... By Friday, I finally felt like I was getting back into the routine of things again. However, my Christmas decorations are still up... On my to-do list for this weekend :)

Last night I tried my take at the Friday Mashup Challenge. I just love this blog. Each week they present not just one challenge, but two, giving the choice of either picking one challenge or mashing them up and doing both!

This week it's a colour challenge with the extra challenge of using a combination of different patterns.
 

I love this challenge! I found an older sketch from Deconstructed Sketch and decided to make a Birthday card using a combination of colours and patterns. Here's my card:



The new Sycamore Street DSP from Stampin Up's Sale-a-Bration collection has already become one of my favourites. The colours coordinate so well together and they are just so vibrant! (Sale-a-bration is coming soon, starting on January 22nd! A great opportunity to get free stamps, paper, buttons, ribbon, and more!)

  
I used a combination of patterns on this card, as well as 3 of the colours listed in the challenge (Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, and Sahara Sand). Sahara Sand is not a colour I normally turn to, but it coordinates so well with this designer paper and I'm quite happy with the results!


Card Ingredients:

Stamps: You're Amazing
Paper: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Sycamore Street DSP
Embellishments: Buttons (Sale-a-Bration), Pool Party Bakers Twine

Thanks for looking! 

5 comments:

  1. Great choice of paper, and I love the buttons!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of the stripe paper! It really draws the eye away from the busier pattern in the background. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous combination of papers, and your layout is perfect! Love the buttons you've added too! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful combination of colors and patterns! This is such a fun Birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layers you have created here! Such a fun combination of papers/patterns too! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup :)

    ReplyDelete