Sunday 27 January 2013

A Special Birthday and Retro Sketches Challenge

It's a special day today! My hubby turns 29! Wishing him a very Happy Birthday! He is an amazing husband and I don't know what I would do without him! Looking forward to some awesome adventures with him this year!


I will post the card I made for him later today (after he's seen it) :)

Now for a new Retro Sketches challenge!


At first glance, I found this to be quite a challenging sketch. But after looking at the designers' cards, I was inspired! I needed to find a sentiment that would be large enough to fit the white space as shown in the sketch. I had a look through my stamps and came across a hostess set that I absolutely love but have not used enough -- "Carry On". This is what I came up with:

 
I generally make cards the regular A2 size, but wanted to try something different this time! I decided to create a 5" x 5" square card with a matching envelope. I added strips of Summer Smooches designer paper and embossed the Tangerine Tango cardstock with a chevron pattern. The "AND" in the sentiment is popped up using dimensionals. A button, satin ribbon and bakers twine embellish the card.


Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Carry On (hostess)
Paper: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Cupcake Builder punch, Word Window punch
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, button (Sale-a-Bration), bakers twine, satin ribbon (Sale-a-Bration)

Thanks for visiting! Enjoy your Sunday! 



1 comment:

  1. Super cute cupcake card! Love the colorful strips of patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete