Friday 8 March 2013

KCRR #8 {Pumpkin Pie and Scallop Trim}

Happy Friday!!

Yesterday was a long day. It felt like Friday, which makes the week go by even slower! Even though I woke up feeling tired, I was quite productive throughout the day. I stopped by the mall after work to kill some time before my hubby came home. I haven't gone shopping in a while and I'm in need of another purse. Well okay.. maybe I don't NEED another purse... but I would definitely love a new one for a change :) I'm looking for a larger cross-body bag, one that would be great for traveling as well. Unfortunately, I had no such luck... I think I'll wait a couple more weeks until more spring clothes and accessories start to make their way into the stores. Just another excuse to go shopping! :)

I was so happy to see my hubby last night! He came home with some delicious fish (including halibut, which I have yet to try) and he found an ocean treasure - a glass ball! These things are quite rare to find. They were once used by Asian fisherman to keep their fishing nets afloat. It is estimated that most floats that have washed up on shore have been afloat for 10 years! (wow!). It usually takes people decades to find one of these! Here's what it looks like:


We have collected a fair number of seashells and stones while we've been living out West. This will be a great addition to our collection!

--------------------------------------
Now it's time for another card challenge!


These are the two elements that were randomly chosen:

Pumpkin Pie
Scallop Trim Border Punch
 
This was one of the easier challenges that we've done so far. The only struggle I had was choosing a good colour to go with Pumpkin Pie. It is such a vibrant colour and orange is not a colour you can match up with anything. So I had a look through my cardstock and ended up using Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight. Since Pumpkin Pie is so bright, I like to use it for kid's birthday cards. I embossed the card front with Perfect Polka Dots. A banner is created with the Petite Pennants Builder punch and the stamps from Pennant Parade. It's such a fun and festive stamp set! I paired it with a birthday sentiment from a hostess stamp set called Happiest Birthday Wishes. To embellish the card I added orange striped bakers twine and small rhinestones on the pennants. Finally, I added the scallop trim border in Cajun Craze.
 
 

'
 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit Karly's Creations to see what she has created with these two elements!
 
Card Ingredients:


Stamps: Pennant Parade, Happiest Birthday Wishes (ret.)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie
Tools: Petite Pennant Builders punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Accessories: Autumn Terracota bakers twine (CTMH), Rhinesones (Michael's)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment