Sunday 3 March 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #75

Yesterday was PJ day for me :) Stayed in my PJ's till about 3:30PM, believe it or not! In all that time I did some laundry, house cleaning, skype calling, papercraft organizing and more trip planning. I pretty much completed our road trip itinerary. Still need to do some tweeking, but managed to include most of the top sites we want to see! A few things I'm super excited about -- swimming with dolphins, snorkeling at La Jolla Cove and sun bathing on the California beaches!

One of the highlights to my day was receiving an email from my hubby! He's safe and sound on the boat in QCI! It was so good to hear from him. I miss him so much!

Another highlight -- a fun skype call with my Mom and sister, Esther. Wish I could be there to hang out with them...


Today's card was based on the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week:

 
At first glance, I thought this was too clean and simple for my taste. But then I brainstormed what I could use for the big open space. I was inspired by Jennifer Brum's card and thought of the poppies paper from the Floral District collection. I added some pleated ribbon and the sentiment "happy mother's day" and this is how it turned out:
 


While Mother's Day is still a couple months away, I thought I'd get a good head start on some cards for my Etsy Shop. I added dimension to some of the flowers by punching out circles from the same paper and popping them up with dimensionals.



Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Floral District DSP
Ink: Tangerine Tango
Tools: 1-3/8" Circle punch
Accessories: Pleated Lucky Limeade Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness .... what a wonderful card this is Charissa ... i absolutely love what you did with those poppies! the added ribbon border is super!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! Love how you spotlighted the poppies and the pleated ribbon is wonderful! Was a good pj day I'd say!

    ReplyDelete