Friday 29 March 2013

KCRR#11 and Mojo286 {Nautical Father's Day}

It's the long weekend! Yesterday did not 'fly by' as I thought it would. It was pretty quiet at work. Karly and I were anxiously waiting for 4:30PM to come around! And when it did, we were outta there! I picked up my hubby from work and we enjoyed a nice dinner out at Mr. Mike's. It was good to catch up over dinner with no distractions. I came home to a surprise in the mail from my younger sister, Esther! She sent me a t-shirt, candy and a sweet card - so thoughtful!

 
Time for a new challenge!


The items randomly chosen for this week's KCRR challenge are:

Nautical
Sahara Sand
 
I see another masculine card in order! The one stamp set Stampin Up has that is nautical is "Open Sea". I love this stamp set! It's so perfect for masculine cards. Sahara Sand is not a neutral that I turn to often, so this was a nice change. I used it for the card base and Nautical DSP (ret.) for the background. I followed the new sketch by Mojo Monday and decided to make a 5" x 5" square card.
 
 
 
 
The strip of Very Vanilla cardstock was stamped with the background stamp in the "Open Sea" set. I then crumpled up the paper and sponged it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, to make it look like 'old' paper. The bottom edge is punched out with the Spiral Border punch (ret). The stamped compass is bordered with Early Espresso cardstock and popped up to give it some dimension. I fussy-cut the stamped anchor image and stamped the sentiment "happy father's day" and hung both from linen thread.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to hop on over to Karly's Creations to see her card for this challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Nautical DSP (ret.)
Ink: Early Espresso, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen
Tools: 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1-3/4" Circle punch, Modern Label punch, Spiral Border punch (ret)
Accessories: Linen Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment