Tuesday 12 March 2013

Happy Birthday to a Golfer!

Monday was kind of a blur. I had a busy, productive day at work and it was go-go-go after that. I did some groceries, washed a pile of dishes (we NEED a dishwasher!), ate a quick dinner, and stood in line for an hour (in the freezing cold!) to sign up for a new session of Zumba classes. After that, I finally had time to relax and do what I love to do to wind down from a busy day - papercrafting :)

Today is our brother-in-law's birthday! Mark loves to golf, so I thought, what a perfect theme for a birthday card! I searched pinterest for golf punch art ideas and came across Tawnya Bonnell's blog. It was perfect and looked so easy to make! I added my own creative touch to my card and this is the end result:

 
I made it into a simple landscape of a golf course. The sky is created by simply sponging Bashful Blue ink on Whisper White cardstock and punching out clouds from the Cupcake Builder punch. The hills are were cut free-hand. I used the Extra-Large Oval punch and polka dot Old Olive designer paper for the green. It's hard to see, but the golf ball has indented polka dots on it (using the opposite side of the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder). I then used the Pennant Builder punch for the flag.
 


 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit tomorrow for my take on the Mojo Monday sketch this week :)
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Made for You
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Brights DSP
Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Basic Black
Tools: Petite Pennant Builder punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Extra Large Oval punch, Cupcake Builder Punch, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder


No comments:

Post a Comment