Tuesday 5 March 2013

Mojo 283 {Madison Avenue}

One day down... Here's hoping this week flies by! I can't wait to see my hubby this weekend. I think Keta misses him too!

For today's card I'm playing along with a great sketch from Mojo Monday and an inspiration photo from The Pink Elephant.



I found this to be one of Mojo's simpler sketches, but I still love it. When I saw the inspiration photo from The Pink Elephant challenge this week, the stamp set "Madison Avenue" immediately came to my mind. The flowers and leaves on the duvet cover is almost identical to the stamps in this set. I love the colour combination of grey and yellow. So, this photo inspired me in more ways than one.


I chose designer paper from the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP collection for the main piece on the card front.. Even though that DSP collection is meant for Halloween, I find it quite versatile! I found a square piece of polka dot So Saffron DSP in my scraps bin (love it when I can use up my scraps!). I picked out the colours for the flowers/leaves from the photo and incorporated that into my card. The center of the flower is popped up and a rhinestone embellishes it. To add a bit more detail to this simple card, I embossed the bottom with a stitched and scalloped design and tied grey and white striped bakers twine around the white card front. The sentiment "best wishes" completes the card.



Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Madison Avenue, Short & Sweet (ret.)
Paper: Basic Gray, So Saffron, Whisper White, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, Subtles DSP
Ink: Basic Gray, So Saffron
Tools: Circles Nestabilities, Scallop Circles Nestabilities, Word Window punch, Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder
Accessories: Grey Wool bakers twine (CTMH), Rhinestones (Michael's)


1 comment:

  1. Lovely card! Wonderful take on this weeks Inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete