Wednesday 6 March 2013

A Perfect Sketch and a Fabulous Colour Combo

The past few nights have been quite cold in PG, making it take a little longer to warm up during the day. It doesn't feel like Spring is on it's way... I guess, technically, the first day of Spring isn't until March 20th. But, now is the time of year I get cabin fever and really want the seasons to change. I look forward to the snow melting, flowers blooming, opening windows to let the smell of fresh spring air fill the apartment, warmer nights for going on walks... ahh I can't wait!

Today's card combines a perfect sketch challenge from Deconstructed Jen and a fantastic colour combo from Colour Q.

 

I just LOVE this colour combo. I think the colours coordinate so well together. And the sketch is a perfect example of a combination of clean and simple with layers. Here's what I came up with:

 
I love how clean and simple this card is. I added detail by using different patterned designer paper and embossed cardstock. I wanted to deviate away from creating another birthday card, so I chose a fun sentiment from the Stampin Up 'Word Play' stamp set. I simply stamped it in Cherry Cobbler ink, punched it out with the Extra Large Oval punch and sponged the edges. I added rhinestones to complete the card.
 

 

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Word Play
Paper: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, 2011-2013 In-Colour DSP, Regals DSP, Floral District DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Extra Large Oval punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)

3 comments:

  1. I love how CAS this is too! Great use of the colors, and I always forget about that cute little sentiment stamp! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is an awesome CAS card, Charissa, i love the mix of papers and embossing! So happy you played with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love the layered banners/papers! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete