Thursday 7 March 2013

Happy Birthday to Sweet Zu-Zu!

Even though I am quite tired, today is going to be a good day. I have a fresh new haircut, it's nearing the end of the work week, and I get to see my hubby! It's been a long week and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend!

Today is also a very special day! It's my adorable neice, Zulea's 3rd birthday! My brother & sister-in-law adopted Zulea from Uganda in June 2010. She is a funny, out-going, adorable little girl and I'm so proud to be her aunt! I wish I could be there to give her the biggest hug and kiss! Here's a few pictures of sweet Zu-Zu:

 
For Zulea's birthday, I made her a 6" x 6" mini accordion album and filled it with pictures of her and her Auntie Charissa and Uncle Kevin... something for her to remember us by while she lives so far away. Here's what it looks like:
 



 
To make the base of this album, you need 3 pieces of 6" x 12" cardstock, score them each at 6" and simply glue together, remembering to not put glue at the top of the album in order to create pockets. And then decorate! This is the fun part. The letters on the front were cut using my cricut machine. I then added designer paper, stamped images and embellishments. The pictures filled most of the album. I created a diagonal pocket on the last panel and slid a tag in the pocket with a written message on it. It folds like an accordion to a 6" x 6" square. I love these albums - so simple to make and fun to display!
 
Thanks for visiting! Make sure to stop by for tomorrow's new KCRR challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment