Sunday 24 March 2013

A Spring Mother's Day Card

Saturday was a good day. I spent part of the morning doing devotions. I'm doing a topical Bible study, where I pick certain topics, search for related verses in the Bible and keep a journal. Currently I'm studying the topic of 'worrying'. I have a tendency to worry about a lot of things and I need to constantly remind myself that God is in control and he has my whole future in His hands!

I had a pretty productive day -- finished a few loads of laundry, did some housecleaning and made several gift card holders! Here's a picture of them in a few different colours:


I hope to have about 30 or so for the craft show. I also want to make masculine wallet gift card holders!

Last night, my hubby and I went to the aquatic centre for the first time. It was fun! We spent a lot of time in the hot tub, went a few times through the lazy river and relaxed in the sauna. We then went for a coffee date at Timmy's, using up the free coffees that Kevin has been winning through Roll Up the Rim. I, unfortunately, have had terrible luck! I think I've only won once!

I also had time to make today's card! I played along with two challenges: a clean and simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and a spring colour combo from Play Date Cafe.

 
I had a couple scraps laying around, one being the negative cut-out from the Little Leaves sizzlit die. I wanted to find a way to use it with this sketch. And when I looked at this colour combo with Play Date Cafe, I saw the Stampin Up colours Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo, and Certainly Celery. What a nice spring colour combo! Here's my card:
 
 
I like how clean and simple it is. The Island Indigo adds a pop of colour against the Certainly Celery. I love the coordinating polka-dot designer paper in Elegant Eggplant. I think these colours coordinate really well! I would have never thought to put them together!
 
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Little Leaves sizzlit die, Circles Nestabilities, Scallop Border punch, Word Window punch
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch! I also love the way you used the negative of the die image. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clean lines and the colors are fantastic! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfectly pretty Mother's Day card! I love the bold colors. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete