Thursday 27 March 2014

Inspired By... Black & White With a Splash of Colour

I realized yesterday, that I posted our KCRR challenge a day early... All week I've been thinking one day ahead. So unfortunate! This makes the week feel that much longer. However, on the bright side, I have been so motivated this week, both at work and home! Let's hope that continues...

Here is the new inspirational photo challenge a day early this week as well :) 


IB #41

I came across this photo on Pinterest. Not only does it look delicious, but I love the pop of colour against the black and white! And teal happens to be one of my favourite colours! 

Always Playing With Paper has a fabulous sketch this week! I just had to play along :) 



I LOVE these flowers from Fabulous Florets stamp set. They are so elegant! I popped them up to give the card some dimension. The leaves are also popped up. I gave them a watercolour effect by using blender pens to colour them. It gives that extra pop of colour against the black and white. Ruffled ribbon is wrapped around the card front and pearls embellish the card.





Thanks for stopping by! Check out Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired Karly! 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Petite Pairs
Paper: Island Indigo, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Modern Medley DSP, 2010-2013 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Black Staz-On
Tools: Blender pen, Small Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch
Accessories: Island Indigo ruffled ribbon, pearls (Michael's)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Charissa, I love the papers and colours you used and your flower is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning card! Wow, love the blue mixed with the newsprint and this stamp looks amazing cut out and popped up! Just so beautiful, Charissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the color scheme and the fussy cut flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and I love that it is blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. coming from Pinterest, I found this card, I bought these stampin up stamps 123027 at a garage sale and wondering if there was a die set to with it. I've checked ebay and have had no luck. Thanks for any help.

    ReplyDelete