Friday 14 March 2014

Inspired By... Pastel Spring Colours

Another week gone by, and that much closer to Spring! While Eastern Canada has been experiencing snow storms and cold temps, surprisingly we have been getting Spring-like temperatures, melting the piles of snow away! Although, because it's Prince George we may experience that one last blast of winter, but right now I'm holding on to this lovely weather! 

I thought it would be fitting to choose a Spring-like photo for this week's inspirational photo challenge! 


IB #39

The part of the photo that stood out to me was the colours of the jars in the top right picture. I combined this challenge with a sketch from Sketchbook Saturday.




At first I wasn't sure of this colour combo, but I like the arrangement! I used one of the itty bitty punches for the pink flowers and added rhinestones to embellish them. The large flower, bird and sentiment are popped up to give the card some dimension. 



Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to drop by Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her! 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Morning Meadow (hostess), Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: WIsteria Wonder, So Saffron, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride
Ink: Pool Party, Pistachio Pudding, So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder marker
Tools: Distress tool
Accessories: Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon, rhinestones (Michael's)

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love all the color.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super lovely! Very Springy, fresh and cheerful, but with an edge! Love the textures!!

    ReplyDelete