Monday 17 March 2014

DS142 For the Newlyweds

It's hard to face another work week after a nice relaxing and productive weekend of visiting with friends, crossing things off the to-do list, enjoying the mild weather, and papercrafting! 

I've been working on quite a few wedding and bridal shower cards lately as I seem to be lacking those in my collection of cards. One of the wedding cards I made was inspired by the latest Deconstructed Sketch:


I LOVE the layers in this sketch! I decided to stick with a soft and subtle colour combo for this wedding card: Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. Here's how it turned out:


I used the elegant French Script stamp for the background, and layered pieces of Crumb Cake designer paper on top. The top layer of Very Vanilla cardstock is embossed with a scallop stitched design. The edges of the punched out flowers and the sentiment are sponged with Crumb Cake ink to soften the look and pearls are added to embellish the card.



Thanks for stopping by! 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: French Script background stamp, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Neutrals DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake
Tools: Needlepoint Border embossing folder, Blossom punch, Five Petal Flower punch, Boho Blossoms punch
Accessories: Pearls (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment