Wednesday 2 April 2014

KCRR #42: Thoughts & Prayers

We're back with a new KCRR challenge! 


Ruffled Ribbon
Modern Label punch
Thoughts & Prayers stamp set

Great combination! I don't use the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set often, so I'm glad it was one of the options this week. I chose to combine this challenge with a sketch from Fusion Card Challenge.


Here's how it all came together:


A sympathy card always needs some soft & subtle colours, so I chose to use Pool Party, So Saffron and Soft Suede. My inspiration for this colour combo came from the beautiful designer paper that covers the card front. I distressed and sponged the edges of each piece of cardstock and DSP to soften the look. The flower vine image was stamped in Soft Suede and stamped again without re-inking to create a faded image. I decided to use the modern label punch in a unique way, creating a banner along the bottom half of the card. Pool Party ruffled ribbon and small pearls embellish the card.



Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to check out Karly's Creations to see how Karly used these three elements in her card creation.

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Pool Party, Soft Suede, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Attic Boutique DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Tools: Large Oval punch, Designer Frames embossing folder, Modern Label punch, Beautiful Wings sizzlit die
Accessories: Pool Party ruffled ribbon, pearls (Michael's)

6 comments:

  1. I love the sponging and distressing you used on your card...it really gives a nice, subtle soft touch for the theme of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the layers Charissa! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, I think the addition of pool color adds a lot of softness :) lovely layers, thank you for sharing with Fusion!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Those colors are so gorgeous together and I love the touch of the the butterflies and all your layering. Such an elegant card. Thank you so much for joining us at fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divinely beautiful!!!! Love the butterflies and ll of the detailed touches!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION this week, I really can't wait until you see this upcoming challenge, I can tell that you will LOVE it too!

    ReplyDelete