Friday 21 March 2014

Inspired By...Gorgeous Art Prints

So far, all winter I've prevented myself from getting sick...however, on the first day of Spring I feel a cold coming on! I guess it's inevitable with the season change! With that said, I really hope it doesn't last too long... I've heard about the Organic Cold 911 tea from David's Tea and this is the perfect time to try it. With a soothing mix of peppermint, juniper berries, orange peel and natural eucalyptus oils, it has already given me emergency relief! Oh how I love David's Tea! 

For today's "Inspired By...", Karly chose a beautiful photo of art prints.



This comes from a fabulous shop on Etsy - 7 Wonders Design - check it out!

I used a simple sketch from Fusion Card Challenge and played along with a clean & simple theme at The Paper Players



Combine all three challenges and this is what I came up with:


This is a 4" x 4" card. I really like it! Petal Parade has probably become one of my favourite go-to stamp sets lately for flowers. They are just so Spring-y! (if that's a word :)) And the blossom in the inspirational photo that Karly chose above reminded me of the blossom in this stamp set! The stamp is actually only half this flower, so I stamped two of them to make it a complete flower (of course, using the handy-dandy Stamp-a-ma-jig!). The arrow image and the sentiment are popped up to give the card some dimension. I love how the ruffled ribbon adds that perfect embellishment. Also, as you can see, the card front itself is embossed with the new Arrows embossing folder from Stampin Up. Love how it coordinates with the arrow stamp! 


A matching envelope finishes it off.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Petal Parade, Short & Sweet
Paper: Smokey Slate, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink: Smokey Slate, Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe
Tools: Arrows embossing folder
Accessories: Crisp Cantaloupe ruffled stretch trim, Rhinestone (Michael's)

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love that inspiration photo and the way you have combined the challenges. Those colours together are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm that tea sounds yummy, hope you are feeling better, Charissa. Your card is gorgeous, what a great job you did combining challenges and I love the colors! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love everything about this card. The colors, the embossing, the stamping, the ruffle ribbon, EVERYTHING :). Great job! Thanks for joining us at Fusion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh...love the pretty pattern you stamped and the neat chevron embellishment...oh wow, you also made a matching envelope! Great job...I would love to CASE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little card--love the size and the coordinating envelope. Now, I need to go look up that tea! Hope you're feeling better...Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! :) it is a perfect representation of the Inspired By… photo! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab use of the sketch Charissa - love all the chevrons! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... I love the colors! So sweet card!

    ReplyDelete