Friday 5 April 2013

KCRR #12 {Butterfly Prints}

Happy Friday!
Yesterday, Stampin Up made an announcement, introducing a Colour Refresh for the new 2013-2014 catalogue! This means that some colours are being discontinued while others are being brought back. Here's the complete list:
I am SO happy that Island Indigo and Pool Party are here to stay! I absolutely love these colours! And there are so many other great colours that are coming back. A couple that I'm slightly upset about is Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery... Unfortunately, these are being discontinued. However, I think I will get used to Pear Pizzazz as the new 'light green' and Soft Sky as the new 'light blue'. As much as I dislike change, I think it's a good one!
 
Time for...
 
 
This week's randomly chosen items are as follows (we chose three this week!):
 
Butterfly Prints Stamp Set
Monochromatic
Banner
 
This was a good challenge because it encouraged me to take out a stamp set that I haven't used yet! I love monochromatic colours! I chose Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush/Elegant Eggplant as the colour combo for my card. I still have a DSP paper stack of old In-Colours that I need to use up and this was the perfect opportunity.
 
 
I wasn't sure at first how I would incorporate a banner in this card, but then after seeing some inspiration on pinterest, I decided to make a banner along the bottom half of the card using all different patterned paper in Concord Crush. I stamped the sentiment "happy birthday" from the Curly Cute stamp set and embossed the edges with a cross-stitched design. The butterflies are stamped in Elegant Eggplant, punched out and popped up.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit Karly's Creations to see how Karly incorporated these three elements in her card!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Butterfly Prints, Curly Cute
Paper: Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, 2010-2012 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Butterfly Punch, Needlepoint Embossing Folder



No comments:

Post a Comment