Saturday 20 April 2013

Inspired By... a Shower Curtain!

I didn't get home till about 8PM last night. I had quite a few errands to run and wanted to stop at the mall. With it starting to feel like spring, I wanted to spice up my wardrobe a little with some new spring clothes (not that I need more clothes...). I ended up finding a couple of nice shirts from Dynamite. I find it's usually hit or miss at that store, and this time it was a hit! I don't have any greens in my collection, so I thought these would be a great addition!Here's a pic of my recent purchases. (I bought the shorts at Winners - love them!).


Now onto a new inspirational photo challenge!

It was my choice this week and after much thought and looking for inspiration around my own apartment, I took a photo of our shower curtain. How can a shower curtain be an inspiration to cardmaking, you might wonder...

IB #14
 

I love the flowers and colours on this shower curtain! I think it makes a great inspirational photo. I was inspired to make this beautiful Mother's Day card:
 
 
See how you can be inspired by items you see everyday?? I used a great sketch from Deconstructed Sketch as a guide. At first glance, I wasn't too sure about parts of this sketch. So I revamped it a little and left out parts of it. I still think my card resembles the sketch quite well!
 
 
The flowers were stamped in Midnight Muse (my new favourite blue!) and I sponged the edges of the oval shape with Baja Breeze ink. The Crumb Cake piece of cardstock is distressed on the edges with a distressing tool. I added bakers twine and pearls to embellish the card.
 

 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Subtles DSP, 2012-2013 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze
Tools: Ovals nestabilities
Accessories: Pearls, Bakers Twine




No comments:

Post a Comment