Tuesday 30 April 2013

Mojo Monday #291 {Patterned Occasions}

I had quite the busy Monday, which was nice for a change! It's been pretty slow at work lately for us girls in the office. I'm glad things are starting to pick up! Definitely makes the days go by faster. After work, Kevin and I headed to the mall. A couple days ago, while we were visiting with some friends, I tried my first loose tea from a store called David's Tea. The tea flavour I tried was called "Forever Nuts". It's so delicious!! and healthy too! It's a nutty jumble of almonds, apple bits, cinnamon and beetroot (which makes it turn pink!). After trying that, I just had to go and buy my own :) I think I will be making a stop at that store more often! I've been told "Glitter & Gold" is another good one to try.


We also did some shopping for my hubby, which doesn't happen to often! He loves to dress up and so he wanted to find a new dress shirt and tie. I have to say, there are quite a few bold colours out there for men's shirts, from pink to purple to neon yellow! We stopped at Tip Top Tailors and found a light purple/greyish shirt with a matching tie. I actually quite like it! It's not too purply (if that's a word) and I think he looks rather handsome in it ;)

As soon as I saw Mojo Monday's sketch, I knew I just had to play along! I love the layout this week.


I decided to create a regular A2 size card using this layout. I stamped the elephant image from the Patterned Occasions stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock and punched it out using the Extra-Large Oval punch. It fits perfectly in the embossed oval frame. Flagged pieces of designer paper create the background. Lately, my colour combos seem to resort to pink! I chose Raspberry Ripple as the card base and Blushing Bride as an accent colour. They are so lovely together! Gray striped bakers twine and a gray button is added to embellish the card.

 
Isn't that little elephant cute? I decided to not put a sentiment on this card, partly because I didn't quite know where to put the sentiment, and because it gives options to use it for any occasion. 
 
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Patterned Occasions
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, In-Colour 2013-2014 DSP
Tools: Oval embossed frame, Extra Large Oval punch
Accessories: Gray bakers twine (CTMH), gray button (CTMH)

No comments:

Post a Comment