Monday 29 April 2013

A Belated Birthday Card for My Sister

We had an enjoyable, relaxing Sunday - went to church in the morning, a walk in the afternoon, and a dinner get-together with friends in the evening. It was a great way to end a good weekend!

For today's post, I decided to share a birthday card that I made for my sister, Monique. The reason I didn't share it on her actual birthday was because she hadn't received it yet and she reads my blog on occasion. Well, I discovered the card one day in my own mailbox, about a week after I had sent it to her - it was returned to me! Apparently, not enough postage... :( It was a little bit thicker than normal because I had stuck a bookmark in it. Well, I let her know it was still coming and she finally received it about a week or so after her birthday... better late than never!

 
I tried to make it a little 'artsy' by adding different materials and giving it a vintage look. The Tea for Two DSP from Stampin Up is one of my favourites. I used it here for the background and the circle in the center. I used burlap ribbon as one of the layers and topped it off with roses and small pearls to embellish it.


 
 
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Monday!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, Everything Eleanor
Paper: So Saffron, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Tea for Two DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Little Leave sizzlit die, Extra Large Oval punch
Accessories: Burlap ribbon (CTMH), Flower Trim Ribbon, Pearls (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment