Thursday 25 April 2013

Mojo #290 {A Simple Father's Day Card}

I spent some time looking over the Stampin Up retired lists that came out yesterday. Lots of stamp sets are retiring! For a full list, click here. Also, a number of accessories/embellishments are also retiring. - click here to see this list. I've already gone through, crossing off what I already have and highlighting the items that I want to get before they are gone! I also had a sneak peek at the new catalogue - some great new stamp sets and embellishments! Can't wait to share some of these new products with you!

For today's card, I decided to make a simple Father's Day card using a great sketch from Mojo Monday.


I love the four squares in this sketch. I wanted to use a stamp set with small characters/images in it. I came across "A Fitting Occasion" and thought it would be perfect!


I chose the tie stamp and stamped it in all four squares in Night of Navy. I used Well Worn DSP for the bottom half of the card and wrapped Soft Suede taffeta ribbon around it. I stamped and fussy-cut the letters that spell "DAD". They are popped up using dimensionals.


I love how the designer paper and the argyle design in the letters match so nicely! At first I thought this card was too simple, but I actually really like it!

 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: A Fitting Occasion, Loved Ones
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Well Worn DSP
Ink: Night of Navy, Soft Suede
Tools: 1" Square Punch
Accessories: Soft Suede taffeta ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment