Saturday 27 April 2013

A Sweet Baby Card

A couple days ago, I decided to sign-up for another home show/craft fair this weekend. It was a very last minute decision, but I'm glad I signed up! I'm looking forward to it and hope it will be a good turn out this time around. I'll give a report tomorrow :)

Usually, Saturday means a new "Inspired By..." challenge. But, this time Karly and I decided to postpone it until tomorrow as we were both busy last night. Stay tuned!

For today's post, I decided to share a baby card that I made a couple days ago using the new Deconstructed Sketch and a pastel colour combo from Color Throwdown.

 
 
I love this sketch! It has just the right amount of layers. And I love the soft pastels! This colour combo is perfect for a baby card! I did not have all the colours listed, but found similar colours in my stash of supplies - Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Blushing Bride and Blush Blossom.
 
 
I layered cardstock and designer paper, following the sketch quite closely. Striped pink grosgrain ribbon is wrapped around the card front and rhinestones are added to embellish the card. Isn't that elephant darling? It's from a Verve stamp set that I won from a Mojo Monday challenge a while ago. The adorable sentiment 'sweet little baby' completes the card.
 

 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to return tomorrow for our new 'Inspired By' challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: To the Moon (Verve), One of a Kind (ret)
Paper: Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Blush Blossom, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Subtles DSP
Ink: Basic Gray
Tools: Blender pens, Circles nestabilities, Scallop Circles nestabilities
Accessories: Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon (ret), Rhinestones (Michael's)


2 comments:

  1. Another cute baby card! Adorable!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby card--too cute! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete