Saturday 2 February 2013

Inspired By... A Purple Flower


Hope you are enjoying the weekend so far! Friday night was a crafting night for me since my hubby is out of town for work. While I do love to go out occasionally on the weekends, I also enjoy those weekends where I get to hang out in my comfy clothes, watch a couple movies and create!

Saturday means it's time for another new challenge of:

This week, Karly chose a beautiful nature photo for inspiration:

IB #3
 
I like how this single purple flower is growing amongst all the stones. I thought of how I would incorporate this into a card and this is what I came up with:


I don't use purple very often in my cards, so this photo inspired me to pull out my Elegant Eggplant ink pad and cardstock. I paired it with Wisteria Wonder and Basic Gray. The flower is stamped with a two-step process--one stamp for the inside of the flower and the other to outline it. Of course, me being a perfectionist, I had to pull out my Stamp-a-ma-jig (the best 'tool' ever!) to line it up perfectly. The center of the flower is embellished with small rhinestones. I popped up the flower using dimensionals and bordered it with a doily die. To make the doily stand out against the dark gray background, I cut a large circle  in Whisper White from Circle Nestabilities and put it behind the doily. I think it adds some elegance to the card.  I realized just today that I used the same sentiment as my last card (KCRR #3)... didn't mean to do that! Just goes to show how much I love that stamp! :)

 
 
Make sure to head on over to Karly's blog to see how this photo inspired her! 
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Fancy Flower (ret.), Petite Pairs
Paper: Wisteria Wonder (in-colour), Whisper White, Basic Gray, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Circle Nestabilities, Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)
 
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment