Sunday 17 February 2013

Spring is in the Air...

Yesterday, I spent most of the day setting up a personal budget. It's a lot of work, but I'm hoping we can keep it up! It would definitely help us to save for our big road trip in June! I got my spreadsheet template from this website: Christian PF. They have some many useful household budget tools. I found this to be the best I've found so far!

I wanted to share with you a couple of fun adorable greeting cards I made for a customer. Her friend's twins (a boy and a girl) are turning 2 this week and she asked me to make "pirate-style" birthday cards. Here's what I came up with:

 
 
Aren't they adorable?? I just love that owl punch - so many characters can be made with it! I added stamped images from the Open Sea stamp set - perfect for a pirate card! 


So for today's card, I used the new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the springy colour combo from Fab Friday. I am so ready for spring! Even though the first day of spring is still a month away, I know it will be here before we know it! The snow has been melting here in Prince George and the temps have been hovering around 0 degrees for quite some time. I can feel spring in the air :)

What a great sketch! And the colour combo is just perfect. These colours go so well together and are perfect for spring. This is my first time participating in the "Fab Friday" challenge. They have some great challenges and I'm looking forward to using them as inspiration in the future!

Easter is quite early this year (March 31st), so I thought I'd create a card for that special occasion. Here is my interpretation of these two challenges:

 
I created a 5"x5" square card with a matching envelope in Wild Wasabi. I like the simplicity of this sketch. It can be used in so many different ways! I added patterned paper in Perfect Plum and Baja Breeze for the background. The butterflies are the central focus of the card. I layered two butterflies and embossed the smaller one with polka dots. Rhinestones embellish it. I added a swirl in the corner and finished it off with the sentiment "Happy Easter".
 

 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP, Subtles Collection DSP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Beautiful Butterlfies die, Circles nestabilities
Accessories: Rhinestones
 
Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. Love those pirate-owl cards!! Sooo flippin cute! Glad you are getting use out of that punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pirate cards are so fun! And I love the beautiful butterfly and pretty colors on the second card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pirate cards made me smile, and your butterfly card is beautiful. I love that die! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pirates really are so adorable! Your butterfly card has the most lovely colors! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards! Well done combining the 2 challenges! I love the layered butterfly and the swirl at the top. Very fresh and spring-like for Easter! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cards are great! The combo of stamps and dies is so pretty! I love all of the spring colors (it's spring here in Tampa)! Thanks so much for joining with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! What a wonderful pairing of the two sketches. All of the patterns and textures give this card lots of fun visual interest. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete