Thursday 21 February 2013

Paper Craft Crew #30 {Open Sea}

Wednesday began with a lack of motivation - not a good sign for the beginning of the work day! However, as the day went on I started tackling the piles of paperwork on my desk and gained some motivation. Kind of backwards! Generally, I lose motivation as the day goes on. I got quite a bit accomplished in the afternoon!

One of the first things my husband and I do when we come home from work is check our phone for messages. Well, there was an exciting message yesterday from Kevin's sister and brother-in-law -- we have a new neice! Her name is Nadine. This will be their 4th girl :) Wish we could be there to meet her!

Today's card is inspired by the sketch challenge at Paper Craft Crew. I loved this sketch as soon as I saw it. It has lots of layers - my kind of sketch!


My original intention for this card was to use the Spice Cake designer paper from Stampin Up. However, as I was designing the card, I couldn't quite piece it together using that designer paper. I had a second look through my stacks of paper and came across the Nautical Expedition collection. I paired it with the Open Sea stamp set and this is how it came about:

 
I decided to change it up a bit and make a more masculine card, since my cards lately have included flowers, butterflies, pastel colours, etc. I stamped the ship and the anchor and cut them out. The strip of Night of Navy cardstock is embossed with lines. Bakers twine is wrapped around it and a mini tag sentiment "4 You" is tied to it with the anchor. I added three rhinestones to embellish the card.
 

Thanks for visiting! Make sure to stop by tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Open Sea, Tiny Tags
Paper: Basic Gray, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Nautical Expedition DSP (ret.)
Ink: Basic Gray
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Tiny Tag punch
Accessories: Rhinestones, White Bakers Twine

4 comments:

  1. Great card Charissa! It's the perfect card for men :) Those designer paper patterns work so nicely together too! I may CASE this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card!!! I love the splash of red you used here! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew!
    Kim S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Masculine Card! Love the colors and the DSP. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crews Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Masculine take on the sketch. This is one of my favourite male sets. Great card. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week.

    ReplyDelete