Wednesday 20 February 2013

Dynamic Duos {Wish Big}

My "Monday" carried over into Tuesday morning when I went to take a shower and discovered there was no hot water. Showers are what wake me up in the mornings, so I braved the freezing cold water and while it wasn't pleasant, it certainly did wake me up! Not a great way to start my morning though! I can tell this is going to be a long week... Tuesday was a long work day, but I made the most of my evening. I came home to a new issue of Papercrafts Magazine in my mailbox! I got the subscription to this magazine as a Christmas present from my Dad - what a great gift!

There are lots of inspiring ideas in this issue! It's all about baby cards and weddings - a perfect Spring issue! I will definitely be using some of the layouts and tips in my upcoming card creations.
To complete my evening I created a couple cards, watched some tv and made a delicious apple crisp, which made the apartment smell so good!

For today's card I played along with the Dynamic Duos colour challenge:

I went all in for this challenge and decided to incorporate the dessert option into my card as well. I don't have any cloud stamps, so I turned to using punches. Here's what I came up with:


It's a very simple card, but so adorable (in my opinion!) I used Basic Black for the card base. The card front represents sky. I used the cupcake builder punch to create the clouds. They are lightly sponged with Tempting Turquoise ink. A hot air balloon is created using a circle punch for the balloon and the cupcake builder punch for the basket.  The balloon is 3D - it pops out of the card, but folds flat so it can go into an envelope (cool technique!). I stamped and cut out the cute little monkey and stuck him in the basket. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Black, but unfortunately, my Basic Black ink is running dry, so it didn't quite stamp as solid as I would have liked. I actually like the faded look, however. I outlined the edges of the word "big" with black marker and I think it works!


 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps: Word Play, Fox & Friends (ret.)
Paper: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise marker
Tools: 1-3/4" circle punch, Cupcake Builder punch
Accessories: Early Espresso Bakers Twine

6 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love that little monkey in his little balloon. So happy you joined the Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So stinkin' cute! The way you did the clouds with the cupckae punch is such a good idea. That little monkey looks like he is having a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! I love the little bit of sponging on the clouds, and the monkey in the basket is so much fun! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so sweet! Love the 3D balloon with the cute little monkey in the basket! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think it can get much cuter then a monkey in a hot air balloon! This is adorable, Charissa! The sentiment is so perfect with the little scene you created. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    Sorry I deleted my first comment. Too many typos and not enough coffee yet this morning. Haha!

    ReplyDelete