Friday 15 February 2013

This Week's Highlights and a New KCRR Challenge!

This has been a great week so far! With the stat holiday this past Monday, it feels like this week has whizzed by! In addition to a shortened work week, here are a few more highlights from this past week:

#1) My "Tea for Two" card was chosen as one of the winners for Mojo Monday #279!! To see the original post, click here. To see the other winners, visit Mojo Monday. They are all beautiful entries! As a bonus, I got to choose a free stamp set from Verve Stamps! How awesome is that??



#2) I "rocked" last week's Friday Mash Up Challenge! I am so thrilled! To see my original post, click here. This was a good challenge - it inspired me to think outside the box and be a little more creative. To see the "Mash Up Glamette" winners, visit Friday Mashup. Their cards are awesome!


#3) Yesterday, for Valentine's Day, my husband, being the sweet guy that he is, surprised me with a gift! He had beautiful feather earrings custom-made for me! I LOVE them!



















These gorgeous earrings were made by the very talented Amanda Jean of Orange U CreativE (make sure to check out her facebook page - she has so many creative pieces!) .

To end the day, we enjoyed a delicious dinner out at North 54, a local restaurant in Prince George. We both had caesar salad to start (probably the best ceasar we've ever tasted!), then Kevin had Veal as his main course (loved it!) and I had Penne Carbonara (also very good!). Topped it off with wine and white chocolate mousse cake and we were stuffed!


Now for another card challenge (can't get enough of them!:)):



The two elements that were randomly chosen this week are:

Blooming Marvelous Stamp Set
Natural Composition DSP

This stamp set is a Sale-a-Bration item so I was able to earn it for free! It is a great stamp set and I'm happy it was one of the items this week because I haven't had a chance to use it much yet. The Natural Composition designer series paper is a great collection. All of the sheets are a 'Kraft' colour and have embossed designs on them. I thought these two items were a perfect combination. They would make a nice "nature" card. I chose the woodgrain embossed paper and the flowers and leaves from the stamp set and this is what I came up with:

KCRR #5
I sponged the woodgrain embossed paper with Soft Suede ink to make the embossed design stand out a bit more. The sentiment "oh happy day!" is stamped in an oval frame and embellished with three rhinestones. The flowers surround it. They are stamped in Rich Razzleberry and are popped up using dimensionals. I added loops of Rich Razzleberry stitched ribbon to complete the card.



Take a look at Karly's Creations to see what Karly has created with these elements!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Blooming Marvelous (Sale-A-Bration)
Paper: So Saffron, Whisper White, Natural Composition DSP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Tools: Oval Frame embossing folder
Accessories: Rhinestones, Rich Razzleberry Stitched Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I think these are my most favourite selections for KCRR to date... such a great combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! PS - congrats on all your recognition lately! you really deserve it! And LOVE those earrings! Great job, Kevin!

      Delete