Tuesday 26 February 2013

Birthday Wishes for a Special Sister-in-Law!

Yesterday was a fairly good Monday. The work day went by fairly quickly... however, we got another dump of snow! About a foot of snow fell and it was a winter wonderland in PG by the end of the day! While it did look quite pretty, I was kind of disappointed... What happened to the early spring they predicted?? Here are a couple photos I took of what is hopefully the last big snowfall before spring:




 


Despite the disappointing snowfall, I came home to a few goodies in the mail! First and foremost, I received my prize from Verve Stamps for the card that was chosen as a winner at Mojo Monday. To see the original post for this card, click here. I got to choose a stamp set of my choice from Verve Stamps and this is what I chose:

 
It is such an adorable stamp set and I can't wait to use it! It will make some cute baby cards!

Another wonderful surprise was a card from my Mom. She is so sweet and I love getting things from her in the mail! It makes me smile and miss her all the more!

 
And finally, I received the new Stampin' Success magazine! I love getting this magazine in the mail. It has many great ideas of how to use Stampin Up's products in unique ways. I often see quite a few things that catch my eye and inspire me to try a new layout or technique.
 
 
Today, I think of my dear sister-in-law, Angie. It's her birthday today! Unfortunately, she is so far away, living in Uganda, Africa, and I wish I could be there to celebrate with her! The closest I could get was a phone call on Saturday morning :) It was great to catch up with her! I miss her so much! She is such a sweet, caring, supportive sister and a wonderful mother to 5 darling kids. I hope she has the best day and that God blesses her with a wonderful year ahead. Love you, Angie!

















I sent her a little package in the mail to let her know I'm thinking of her. I filled an envelope with a few goodies and this fun-folded greeting card!

 
This is a cascade card fold. It's created with an 8.5"x11" piece of Old Olive cardstock. I've made cascading cards before in a larger size, but I love this size, just for the fact that I can stick it in a regular A2-size envelope! I decorated it with designer paper from the Twitterpated collection and stamped flowers in Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo and Pool Party. I added leaves that were cut from the Little Leaves sizzlit and embellished a few of the flowers with rhinestones. The sentiment is stamped in Elegant Eggplant and punched out using the Curly Label punch. Here is a side view of the card:
 

I left a spot on the back of the card to write my card message. I just love this card fold! It's so unique and can be decorated in so many different ways! I hope to make more of them and do a picture tutorial with instructions in a future post. Stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow to see my take on the Mojo Monday sketch this week!

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Elementary Elegance (ret.), Mixed Bunch
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Tools: Blossom punch, 1" Circle punch, 1/4" Circle punch, Little Leaves sizzlit
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)

2 comments:

  1. Nice card for Ang! I think you gave me a similar one for my last birthday - same style anyways! Love it!

    We are getting a lot of snow tomorrow here too. I don't mind though - it means possible snow day for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I did make a similar one for you! I love that card fold :)
      Here's hoping you get a snow day tomorrow! :)

      Delete