Friday 22 February 2013

Rock 'N Roll Birthday Celebration

Happy Friday! It has been a looongg week. Friday took forever to get here! Looking forward to relaxing this weekend and getting some good crafting time in.

So yesterday, as we were driving home from work we got a phone call from someone who found our dog, Keta a couple blocks from where we live, playing with some kids just outside her home. We were SO grateful to those kids for taking care of her! But now is the question... how did she get out of our fenced-in backyard?? We discovered, this is how...


Bad girl... and super sneaky. Looks like we have some dog-proofing to do in our backyard. I'm glad that we live where we do - we have such great neighbours! I don't know what I would do if I lost Keta!

After all that comotion, Kevin and I had the pleasure of visiting with my coworker/friend, Karly and her boyfriend Matt. They prepared a delicious elk roast and deer tenderloin meal for us! This was my first time trying elk and it really was quite good! It didn't taste 'gamey' at all! The deer tenderloin was also delicious! I haven't always been a big fan of deer meat... But apparently the taste is quite different if it was an older buck versus a younger doe.
They sent us home with a bag full of moose meat, deer meat, and elk meat... my hubby was thrilled! (Thanks again Karly!)

Moving on to the card challenge of the day...


Today's random recipe includes these two elements:

Rock 'N Roll Technique
Midnight Muse
 
I struggled with this challenge a bit. While I love Midnight Muse, I don't have many options in my supplies, but I made it work! The rock 'n roll technique is a fun element to add to a card and it's quite simple! First, you pick a solid stamp. I decided to use the retired "Upsy Daisy" stamp, which is one of my favourites. You then stamp it in a lighter colour ink (in my case, I used So Saffron) and 'rock 'n roll' it in a darker ink, such as Pumpkin Pie. I used this technique on both the flowers and the sentiment:
 
 
I love the look of this technique! I added Midnight Muse designer paper, an eyelet border, rhinestones and pleated Pear Pizazz ribbon for some detail on the card. I fussy cut some of the flowers and popped them using dimensionals. The pictures below display this a little better.
 

 
Feel free to play along! Hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how she has incorporated these two elements in her card!
 
Come back tomorrow to see a new "Inspired By..." challenge! I'm excited for this one!
 
Card Ingredients:
 
Stamps - Upsy Daisy
Paper: Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White, In-Colour 2012-2014 DSP
Ink: So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Eyelet Border punch
Accessories: Pleated Pear Pizazz ribbon (ret.), Rhinestones (Michael's)



2 comments:

  1. Great card!! I love it! All the colours work so nicely together and that ribbon is sooo pretty :) And you clearly put some time in fussy-cutting out all those daisies! Nicely done!

    Glad you liked the meal and come get more meat anytime... we have... let's just say... lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, the card looks great. I love creative handmade art of any kind. That’s why for my son’s birthday party next week, the decoration items I have used are all made at home by me. We had booked one of the nearby event halls for rent and I have mostly decorated it with easy to make crafts and ideas I found online.

    ReplyDelete