Friday, 28 February 2014

Inspired By... an Outdoor Patio Set

Happy Friday!

Not only does it mean the weekend is almost here, but we have a new inspirational photo challenge to introduce! 


IB #37

This week was my choice and I wanted to pick something that reminds me of spring/summer! It's been a long winter and I've had warmer weather on my mind! I chose this photo of beautiful outdoor furniture from the Pier One website - one of my favourite home decor stores. How nice would this be, to relax by the poolside in this inviting comfy chair on a warm summer day? :)
I love the colours in this photo! I decided to use Island Indigo, Pool Party, Old Olive, and Smokey Slate. I used the new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches as a guide for my card design.

I am also linking up with The Friday Mashup challenge:


  1. Create a project that's "Monochromatic".
  2. Create a project with "Flowers".
  3. or Create a "Monochromatic project with Flowers". 


I used the new stamp set Petal Parade from the Sale-a-Bration catalogue, stamping flowers in monochromatic colours randomly to create the background. I then added different elements, popping them up to create some dimension. I love a card with layers!



Hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Petal Parade (Sale-a-Bration 2014), Happiest Birthdays
Paper: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Smokey Slate, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Smokey Slate
Tools: Beautiful Wings embosslit, 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Little Leaves Sizzlit die
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)

7 comments:

  1. A pretty garden mix! Thanks for jining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Charissa! I do love all those flowers and the mix of colours! Love the butterfly!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet color combo! The flowers make a lovely backdrop for the butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, I love the colors you used! Definitely a card to get someone thinking of fun in the sun!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charissa, such a happy garden of flowers! I love how precisely matted and executed your card is! Thank you for sharing with the Friday Mashup this week;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clean and fresh looking - gorgeous!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete