Thursday 27 February 2014

KCRR37 & MOJO334

Lately I've been feeling the winter blues... we are having another cold snap here in Prince George, which is making me think Spring is a long ways away yet! Cold weather usually means lots of indoor activities... and that is when I resort to papercrafting! It's gotta be my favourite winter-time hobby. One of the things I decided to pick up on again is scrapbooking! I've been talking about it for a while and finally decided now is the time to sort through pictures, memorabilia, and souvenirs and put together scrapbook pages! I've been working on a career album for my husband, putting together pictures of hands-on learning activities in college, graduation ceremonies and multiple training courses. This past weekend I designed 8 pages! Here's a snapshot:


It's actually quite challenging, scrapbooking masculine pages. I tend to use the same colours (blues, browns, greens). But I tried to keep it interesting by finding scrapbook layout sketches on Pinterest and using those as a guideline, making each page unique. I hope to complete more this coming weekend! 

Moving on to our new KCRR challenge!


Paper Piercing
Love & Sympathy Stamp Set
Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder

I combined this challenge with the Mojo Monday sketch this week:


I decided to make a card with no sentiment and used pastel colours - Calypso Coral, Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe. 


I love how the vintage wallpaper embossing folder adds so much detail to the card! The bottom half is layered with strips of designer paper and the Pistachio Pudding piece of cardstock is paper pierced along the edges. Rhinestones embellish the card. 



I made a matching envelope using the new envelope punch board from Stampin Up. This punch board makes it SO easy! They have the exact measurements on the punch board itself for any size card you can think of! It also has a corner rounder punch - brilliant! 


Thanks for stopping by! Join us tomorrow for a new inspirational photo challenge!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Love & Sympathy
Paper: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White 2013-2015 In-Colour DSP, 2012-2014 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Calypso Coral marker, Old Olive marker
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Scallop Circles nestabilities, Paper Piercing tool, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment