Friday 14 February 2014

Inspired By... a Vintage Teacup

Happy Friday and Happy Valentine's Day!

For this week's inspirational photo challenge, I browsed Pinterest (one of my favourite places to look for inspiration) and found the perfect photo!

 
IB #35
 
I thought this was something quite unique. I like the vintage feel to this photo and decided to incorporate that into my card design. I also pulled some of the colours from the photo, including Pistachio Pudding, Sahara Sand, Raspberry Ripple and Crisp Cantaloupe.

Deconstructed Sketch had another great sketch this past week and so I decided to play along with their challenge as well.


Here's how it all came together:

 
A card with lots of layers! I love how the colours combined so well together! The swirls on the designer paper really add to the vintage style in this card. The tea cup from Tea Shoppe stamp set is probably one of my favourite stamps. It can be used for so many different occasions! One of the things I love to do with this image is to pop up the flowers on the tea cup to add some dimension. I also added pearls to embellish them. I decided to not put a sentiment on this card, so that it can be used for any occasion.
 
 



Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all enjoy this Valentine's Day. Tonight is date night with my hubby :) I will share the special card I made for him tonight!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Tea Shoppe
Paper: Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla Raspberry Ripple, Print Poetry DSP
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Crisp Cantaloupe
Tools: Distress tool, Circles nestabilities, Bird Builder punch
Accessories: Pearls (Michael's)

1 comment:

  1. Wow that pink is so bold and beautiful, lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete