Thursday 13 February 2014

KCRR & Mojo Monday: A Father's Day Card

Before I jump into our new KCRR challenge this week, I must share an honourable mention I received for one of my cards last week!

Last week I played along with the Muse Challenge (click here for the original post)...


Moving on to KCRR...


Mocha Morning DSP
Baked Brown Sugar
Needle Point Embossing Folder

The random picks lately seem to work so well together! And this is no exception. One of the new in-colours, Baked Brown Sugar, matches quite well with the retired Mocha Morning designer paper. And it's simple enough to add the texture with the needle point embossing folder! I followed a sketch by Mojo Monday and decided to make a masculine card. With Father's Day down the road (ok, maybe quite a ways down the road), why not start early?


Mocha Morning DSP may not be my favourite, but some of the designs work quite well for a masculine greeting card.
 
 
 
This is probably one of the most clean and simple cards I've made! I really like how it turned out!
 
Make sure to hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how she used these three elements in her card, and come back tomorrow for a new inspirational photo challenge!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: All Holidays (ret.)
Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla, Mocha Morning DSP
Tools: Tags Die, Needlepoint Embossing Folder, Circles Nestabilities, Cupcake Builder Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment