Wednesday 12 February 2014

Happy Birthday to a Leafs Fan... at Heart

What a blast we had at the West Edmonton Mall this past weekend! A waterpark, amusement park, ice rink, underground aquarium, 3 floors of shopping... this place has it all! Here are just a couple pics of some of the highlights:

 
This pink water slide is called "The Cyclone". You are locked in a capsule, it counts down from 3, the platform you are standing gives way and down the shoot you go! It's insane and definitely took my breath away!

 
There was a cool sea lion presentation and we got to get up close and personal with them!
 
---------------------------------------
 
Just yesterday, our nephew Jude celebrated his 12th birthday! Each year it becomes quite the challenge to think of a unique design for my nephews' birthday cards. Because Jude is into hockey, I thought I'd make a fun-folded card related to this sport. I found an awesome example on this blog of a hockey jersey and thought I'd CASE it and make one tailored to Jude's favourite hockey team - the Calgary Flames. Here's how it turned out:
 
 
I simply started with a regular A2 size card (5.5" x 4.25"). I cut two wide strips of cardstock for the sleeves and stuck them between the card front and back. Then, I glued the edges (except for the top) of the card base to create a pocket. I cut a V-neck on the top of the card and slipped a piece of white cardstock inside. I simply 'decorated' the jersey, matching the colours of an actual Calgary Flames jersey. The logo was found on google images, cut out, and popped up on the card front.
 
 
On the inside I punched out a red heart, cut out a Toronto Maple Leafs logo...
 

 
And wrote the following: "Happy Birthday to a Leaf's fan... at heart"
 
 
Since my husband and I are big TML fans, we always bug him about it and thought it would be quite funny to add this to his birthday card (my hubby's idea!).
 
Now that I'm sharing this card with you, there's one thing I just thought of that I wish I had added to it... The # 12 (for his 12th birthday) on the back of the jersey would have completed it!
 
Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink: So Saffron marker
Tools: Full Heart punch


No comments:

Post a Comment