Wednesday 19 February 2014

A Birthday Card for a 2-Year Old!

I'm a little behind on this post... but better late than never! A couple months ago, we celebrated our niece, Emma's 2nd birthday. I had the chance to spend some time with this adorable girl a couple weeks ago at West Edmonton Mall. She was full of smiles and cuteness with her pigtails and fashionable outfits. It was hard to say goodbye, but I got one last cuddle in before we went our separate ways. Here's wishing her the best year yet! 


The card I made for her was inspired by one of Karly's cards a while back (click here for the original post). I used the animal stamps from the stamp set "Pun Fun", cut them out and stacked them just like this:



I love the colour combo of Summer Startfruit, Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple - it's perfect for a girl's birthday card! I added rhinestones to embellish the animals and wrapped stitched satin ribbon around the card front.


I added a strip of matching polka dot designer paper on the inside of the card as well. I think I may do this more often. It's a great way to use up scraps of designer paper! (and I've got lots!)



Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge! 

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Print Poetry DSP
Ink: Basic Gray
Tools: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Circles nestabilites
Accessories: Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon, rhinestones (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment