Thursday 18 July 2013

KCRR #23 & RetroSketches #72

I'm excited to share today's card with you! It's one of my favourites! I used 3 elements from our new KCRR challenge and a fabulous sketch from Retro Sketches!


Markers
Mixed Bunch Stamp Set
Regal Rose
 
 
 
This is my kind of sketch! It gives an opportunity to use lots of embellishments. I used a combination of Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Early Espresso and Whisper White and here's how it turned out:
 
 
I find it quite challenging to use markers on my cards, but it worked out quite well with this design! I used Early Espresso and Regal Rose markers on the stamp from Flowering Flourishes, as well as the sentiment. The butterfly was created using one of the flower stamps from Mixed Bunch. I used the Rock 'n Roll technique and simply cut out two of the petals. Pearls and linen thread are added to embellish it.
 

 
What do you think?
 
Make sure to drop by Karly's Creations to see what she's created with these 3 elements.
Join us tomorrow with a new "Inspired By..." challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Petite Pairs, Flowering Flourishes
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso, Regal Rose
Tools: Blossom Punch, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Apothecary Accents framelits
Accessories: Pearls (Michaels), Linen Thread, Regal Rose 1/4" taffeta ribbon, Early Espresso 1/4" taffeta ribbon, Blushing Bride buttons



1 comment:

  1. I love this pretty pretty butterfly! Great card and I'm so happy you gave the sketch a try!

    ReplyDelete