Thursday 4 July 2013

Inspired By "Wishes"

Can't believe it's already Thursday! Tonight we welcome Kevin's parents and brother. They are staying for a day and then heading up north to the Yukon! Because I love to plan, I helped them out by creating an itinerary for them -- traveling has become one of my favourite things to do! I would love to tag along... however, someone must stay behind and work! So, my nights have been tied up with cleaning and organizing. It'll be nice to have a week to myself to get caught up on a bunch of things!
 
Lately I have been getting inspiration from card making books that I have collected over the years. The one I turn to often is called "Wishes" by Jeanette Lynton.
 
 
It is a wonderful book for inspiration! Lots of great ideas on card layouts and even colour combos that I pick out from the samples in the book. The card I'm sharing with you today was inspired by a card in this book. I just love how it turned out!  
 
 
I used the distressing technique by sponging each piece of cardstock with Soft Suede ink. The swirl from "Everything Eleanor" stamp set is a stamp I turn to often. It adds that extra elegance to a card design. As an added embellishment I wrapped Soft Suede taffeta ribbon around the card front and then tied small pieces of crochet ribbon and stitched satin ribbon. I really like this look!
 
 
 

Thanks for visiting!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Trust God, Everything Eleanor
Paper: Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzaz, Soft Suede, 2013-2014 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Tools: Bird Builder Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Circles Nestabilities
Accessories: Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon, Crochet Ribbon, Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Pearls (Michael's)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment