Friday 12 July 2013

Inspired By... the Grand Prismatic Spring

Today we introduce a new "Inspired By..." challenge!

It was my choice this week and I chose one of my favourite photos from our California road trip:

 
This is called the Grand Prismatic Spring located in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. My hubby took this photo from the top of a steep hill. It was a tough climb on a hot day, but so worth it! The colours of this hot spring are spectacular!
 
I decided to use these colours as inspiration for my card design. I thought it would be fun to use the masking technique and sponging to create a background for the card front. Here's how it turned out:
 


I first cut out the framelit from a post-it note (using the big shot) to use as my mask. I then placed it in the center of the card front and sponged around it. After I was happy with background, I peeled off the post-it note and stamped "Happy Birthday" in the middle. I then added small butterflies with rhinestones to embellish the card. It's a simple design, maybe a little too simple, but I think it really makes the colours stand out.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her! 
 
I will be spending the weekend with family (yay!) and will return on Tuesday with a new post. Have a great weekend!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Memorable Moments
Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink: Island Indigo, So Saffron
Tools: Framelits, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michael's)


No comments:

Post a Comment