Friday 26 July 2013

A Birthday Shout-Out and a New Inspiration Challenge!

Happy Friday!

Today we celebrate a special birthday! Our niece, Reese, turns 6 today! She is an adorable, goofy, sweet girl and is growing up so fast! I miss her!



Here's wishing her the best day! This is the card I sent her to let her know we are thinking of her:

 
--------------------------------------------------------------
Onto a new Inspirational challenge!
 

This week was my pick and I chose a photo of 4 floral prints that I found on Etsy:


Click here to see the shop on Etsy!

I love the colour combo of gray and pastel yellow! Not only did I get inspiration from the colours, I also used the 4 square shapes in my card. A week ago, Deconstructed Sketch posted a fabulous sketch challenge. Even though I'm a week late, I still wanted to play along!


And here's my card...

 
I love how this card turned out! To make it interesting, I added something to each punched out square of designer paper. I've distressed the edges of the card front as well as the larger yellow square and added a simple birthday sentiment to complete the card.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Make sure to hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Tiny Tags, Loved Ones
Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Neutrals DSP, Subtles DSP
Ink: Basic Gray, So Saffron
Tools: 1" square punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Itty Bitty punch pack, Owl Builder punch
Accessories: Arrow clip, Pearl, Basic Gray striped grosgrain ribbon (ret)

No comments:

Post a Comment