Wednesday 21 August 2013

Thinking of You - Clean & Simple

It has been a little while since I wrote my last post - so much on the go these days! I hope to post more regularly, however they may be short and sweet. Craft fair season is coming quickly and most of my evenings will be spent crafting!

After a few weeks off, we welcome you back to another KCRR challenge!


The two items randomly chosen for today's challenge are as follows:
 

Leaves
Thinking of You
 
Now this is a combination with lots of options! I thought about using leaves from punches/dies, but decided to turn to my favourite stamp set - French Foliage. With fall season coming up, I thought this would be perfect. Using the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge this week, I created a clean and simple thinking of you card:
 
 
 
 
The edges of the Crumb Cake cardstock are distressed and sponged with Chocolate Chip ink. I used Orchard Harvest DSP for the flagged strips and added a third strip for the sentiment. The large circle with stamped leaves is popped up using dimensionals. I love using the colour combo of Cajun Craze, More Mustard and Old Olive for fall!
 

 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to visit Karly's Creations to see how she used these two elements in her card.
 
Come back tomorrow for a new "Inspired By..." challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: French Foliage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Distress tool




No comments:

Post a Comment