Friday 23 August 2013

Mojo Mixed With Modern

Friday is finally here! Feels like this week has dragged on, however I did get quite a bit accomplished! There are no longer messy piles of paperwork on my desk at work and I've got a good head start on my papercraft stock! I hope to have a productive weekend ahead as well!

Time for a new inspirational challenge! 
It was my pick this week and I found a modern inspirational photo on Pinterest.

Aren't these colours fun together? I can't say I would decorate my own living room like this, but it's great as inspiration! I decided to pull a few different ideas from the photo: the pattern on the rug, the colours (Gumball Green, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White), and the vases. I used the Mojo Monday sketch as a guide.

 
 
I love this layout! I first embossed the card front with the Fancy Fan embossing folder. I think it resembles the pattern in the photo quite well. The vases are created by using the Ornament punch and the Blossom Builder punch - just snip off the edges of the flower petals and you have a vase! Genius! I used the leaves from the Bird Builder punch and added a small flower button and rhinestones to embellish the card.
 
 

Thanks for visiting! I hope you also feel inspired by this photo! Hop on over to Karly's Creations to see what she has created!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Paper: Whisper White, Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Gumball Green
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Ornament punch, Blossom Builder punch, 1-3/4" Circle punch, Bird Builder punch, Fancy Fan embossing folder
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie flower button, White bakers twine, Rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment